Working with key internal and external stakeholders the Transition Manager is accountable for the implementation phase for all de-risking transactions from initial due diligence through to final premium adjustments and issuance of Individual Policies if applicable.
Key activities include:
• Manage a portfolio of implementations acting as a single point of contact for Trustees and their advisors.
• Participate in new business pitches to present on our service capability.
• For Buy Out transactions, conduct detailed due diligence on pension schemes and their data to ensure that key cleansing items are identified.
• Work with the business development and execution teams to agree key contractual terms for each transaction.
• Work with new business pricing teams to ensure that benefit specifications are accurately written and reflect the proposed pension scheme liabilities.
• Develop and manage project plans ensuring that both contractual and customer commitments are delivered on time, chairing regular implementation meetings with clients and their administrators as appropriate.
• Write individual policy documentation ensuring that the benefits described are in line with those secured and then oversee the issuance of the policies.
• Work with the operations team to ensure a seamless handover of schemes once the implementation phase is completed.
• Produce weekly and monthly management information.
• Keep up to date with legislative, product and market changes affecting our core business and the products that we offer.
Skills & experience:
• Technical pensions knowledge (ideally final salary) including regulation and benefit structures
• Good understanding of de-risking market and associated products
• Experience of final salary pension schemes and benefit structures gained through operations, implementation or consulting
• Exposure to working with or for pension advisory firms.
• Managing complex projects / stakeholder groups
• Report writing and delivery of presentations
• Good evidence of successful project management planning & delivery
• Demonstrable skills at stakeholder management
• Excellent verbal and written communication/presentation skills
• Organisation and self-management
• Technical Skills - Demonstrates strong technical skills required for the role, pays attention to detail, takes initiative to broaden his/her knowledge and demonstrates appropriate financial/analytical skills
• Drive and Motivation – Be a self-starter; successfully handles multiple tasks, takes initiative to improve his/her own performance, works intensely towards extremely challenging goals and persists in the face of obstacles or setbacks
• Client and Business Focus - Effectively handles difficult requests, builds trusting, long-term relationships with clients and service providers, helps the client to identify/define needs and manages client/business expectations
• Teamwork – Demonstrate evidence of being a strong team player, collaborates with others within and across teams, encourages other team members to participate and contribute and acknowledges others' contributions
• Communication Skills - Communicates what is relevant and important in a clear and concise manner and shares information/new ideas with others
• Judgement and Problem solving - Thinks ahead, anticipates questions, plans for contingencies, finds alternative solutions and identifies clear objectives. Sees the big picture and effectively analyses complex issues
• Creativity/Innovation - Looks for new ways to improve current processes and develop creative solutions that are grounded in reality and have practical value
• Influencing Outcomes - Presents sound, persuasive rationale for ideas or opinions. Takes a position on issues and influences others' opinions and presents persuasive recommendations