Third Party Administration Manager
The Rothesay Life Operations team is a dynamic division that partners with all areas of the business providing essential risk management whilst preserving and enhancing the assets and reputation of the business. The Operations Team is responsible for supporting the contractual commitments of the business. It is also a customer service unit providing first class policyholder service, client management and TPA (Third Party Administrator) management or our 3 administration providers. It is responsible for over 400,000 policy holders with over £20bn of assets under management. It has a fundamental responsibility in our data management, data validation and data protection / client confidentiality. The Operations Team seeks to exceed the standards set out in ‘Treating Customers Fairly’ and other guidelines from the FCA and the Pensions Regulator.
Key activities for this role include:
- Support the management of our 3 third party administrators located in multiple UK locations – managing SLAs / KPIs, delivery against initiatives
- Deliver first-class member/policyholder service (including active TCF engagement)
- Perform operational reviews and audits of processes and calculations
- Compliance and complaints management
- Coordinate and implement key strategic initiatives
- Cost and budget management
- Efficiency drives – continuous improvement initiatives focussing on processes and core controls
- Client relationship management
- Keep abreast of legislative and industry practice changes and implement these in the business
Skills & experience:
- Career pensions administrator with demonstrable knowledge of pensions administration process design, management of all scheme level events, internal controls, calculation automation and member communications
- Strong understanding of risk management
- Ability to analyse complex documentation and summarise key operation controls required to risk manage transactions
- Enthusiasm for and experience of project work to drive continuous improvement
- Possess a degree from a leading university in a relevant subject and/or have relevant industry qualifications
- Accuracy and absolute attention to detail
- Ability to manage multiple tasks across and stay focused on the operational risks
- Very strong communication skills with ability to clearly articulate issues to senior management
- Strong Excel skills
- Ability to manage own workload and work as part of a team
- Pensions insurance and/or reinsurance experience
- Knowledge and understanding of the longevity risk market (eg: buy-outs, buy-ins, longevity swaps, reinsurance)
Working with key internal and external stakeholders the Transition Manager is accountable for the implementation phase for all de-risking transactions from initial due diligence through to final premium adjustments and issuance of Individual Policies if applicable.
Key activities include:
• Manage a portfolio of implementations acting as a single point of contact for Trustees and their advisors.
• Participate in new business pitches to present on our service capability.
• For Buy Out transactions, conduct detailed due diligence on pension schemes and their data to ensure that key cleansing items are identified.
• Work with the business development and execution teams to agree key contractual terms for each transaction.
• Work with new business pricing teams to ensure that benefit specifications are accurately written and reflect the proposed pension scheme liabilities.
• Develop and manage project plans ensuring that both contractual and customer commitments are delivered on time, chairing regular implementation meetings with clients and their administrators as appropriate.
• Write individual policy documentation ensuring that the benefits described are in line with those secured and then oversee the issuance of the policies.
• Work with the operations team to ensure a seamless handover of schemes once the implementation phase is completed.
• Produce weekly and monthly management information.
• Keep up to date with legislative, product and market changes affecting our core business and the products that we offer.
Skills & experience:
• Technical pensions knowledge (ideally final salary) including regulation and benefit structures
• Good understanding of de-risking market and associated products
• Experience of final salary pension schemes and benefit structures gained through operations, implementation or consulting
• Exposure to working with or for pension advisory firms.
• Managing complex projects / stakeholder groups
• Report writing and delivery of presentations
• Good evidence of successful project management planning & delivery
• Demonstrable skills at stakeholder management
• Excellent verbal and written communication/presentation skills
• Organisation and self-management
• Technical Skills - Demonstrates strong technical skills required for the role, pays attention to detail, takes initiative to broaden his/her knowledge and demonstrates appropriate financial/analytical skills
• Drive and Motivation – Be a self-starter; successfully handles multiple tasks, takes initiative to improve his/her own performance, works intensely towards extremely challenging goals and persists in the face of obstacles or setbacks
• Client and Business Focus - Effectively handles difficult requests, builds trusting, long-term relationships with clients and service providers, helps the client to identify/define needs and manages client/business expectations
• Teamwork – Demonstrate evidence of being a strong team player, collaborates with others within and across teams, encourages other team members to participate and contribute and acknowledges others' contributions
• Communication Skills - Communicates what is relevant and important in a clear and concise manner and shares information/new ideas with others
• Judgement and Problem solving - Thinks ahead, anticipates questions, plans for contingencies, finds alternative solutions and identifies clear objectives. Sees the big picture and effectively analyses complex issues
• Creativity/Innovation - Looks for new ways to improve current processes and develop creative solutions that are grounded in reality and have practical value
• Influencing Outcomes - Presents sound, persuasive rationale for ideas or opinions. Takes a position on issues and influences others' opinions and presents persuasive recommendations
Senior HR Operations Advisor
Senior HR Operations Advisor
To support the delivery of the full spectrum of HR service delivery for Rothesay Life, ensuring that the company has an engaged workforce in the right place, at the right time, with HR structures and services in place to meet the needs of the growing population within the context of the UK employment legislative framework. Rothesay has a boutique and needs-driven approach to HR with an intellectually demanding population of 200 people. We are a small HR team, that enjoys what we do and that requires a hands-on flexible approach from someone who is a true generalist. This role will provide plenty of opportunity to build independent relationships to improve HR’s added value to the business and to help design and drive new HR initiatives to continuously develop our service. We're a modern, progressive firm. We think differently and we've built a culture where individual skills and personalities can shine through.
Specifically we want someone:
- To work effectively as a credible business partner to managers and employees, proactively identifying HR needs and working with the team to deliver and develop our full HR service to all employees. Coaching and advising people in a pragmatic and commercial way.
- To join projects so that our year-on-year people strategy is delivered. This year we are focussing on the improvement of performance management, people manager development, reward management, engagement, internal communications and payroll management.
- To work autonomously on HR cases covering absence management, disciplinaries and performance as they arise, with guidance from other members of the team where necessary.
- To take the lead on ensuring our policies are current, relevant and meet the business needs whilst maintaining an external focus on the changing employment law landscape.
- Proactively manage HR risk in line with employment best practice.
- Support the monitoring, measuring and reporting on HR issues, opportunities and development plans and achievements, through HR data analysis, to enable fact based decision making. Always doing so to agreed formats and timescales.
- Who is able to be open-minded and capable of being an excellent team-player within a growing team.
Skills and experience:
The successful applicant will have:
- Significant experience of delivering and driving an excellent HR Operational Service, covering all aspects of the employment life-cycle.
- A good understanding and practical experience of ER generalist work.
- Well-developed diplomacy, listening and influencing skills. You will demonstrate a range of influencing skills, personal impact and communication skills that will ensure success and command instant credibility at all levels of the firm.
- Excellent IT skills; competent Excel skills essential and competent in the use of information systems highly desirable. (Excel reporting / work mail merges)
- Their CIPD qualification, or working towards it.
- Experience in professional financial services industry.
- Ambition and resilience for an environment that is fast-paced and constantly changing.
- A good understanding of how to add value in the HR arena and demonstrate this value within an organisation.
- Creative, commercial and able to think laterally in identifying and developing opportunities. You will approach your work with a practical can-do mentality. In this role, you will need to have the ability to work with minimum
supervision, in an autonomous and independent way.
- Consistently positive attitude and ‘can do’ approach, as well as the ability being able to work well on your own initiative and as part of a wider team.
- Solution oriented with a lively, energetic and positive outlook. Pragmatic, robust and resourceful, with the ability to adapt quickly to different situations and personalities.
- Evidence of driving significant change in a partnership through well-developed diplomacy, listening and influencing skills.
- Evidence of ability to build strong internal relationships at the highest level in order to implement strategic change.
- Confident enough to challenge constructively combined with a level of resilience.
- Strong financial & business acumen and ability to understand the performance of the teams. Numerically agile and able to understand and interpret complex salary and performance data to influence decisions.
Job Title: HR Administrator
Reporting into: HR Manager
Based in the distinctive Leadenhall Building within the City of London
Rothesay Life was established in 2007 and has grown to be a leading life insurer specialising in bulk annuities and other de-risking solutions for defined benefit pension schemes and insurance companies.
We provide unique solutions for clients seeking to mitigate financial and longevity risk, aiming to create structures that are tailor-made to suit the needs of scheme members, trustees and corporates.
To do this we recruit the most talented individuals from the finance industry and leading universities and give them the best platform to perform.
We are looking for a hardworking HR Administrator to join a small in-house HR team. As our HR Administrator you will be responsible for performing a variety of administrative tasks. You will support the HR department in duties such as updating HR databases, preparing new hire contracts, supporting the HR Manager and team, and responding to our peoples requests.
Our HR Administrator requires excellent organisational skills and the ability to handle sensitive information confidentially. If you are passionate about HR, and want to help deliver a great service in a demanding environment, this position is for you.
Ultimately, you will gain HR experience in a fast-paced work environment and make a vital contribution to ensure our HR service continues to develop and meet the changing needs of Rothesay Life.
- Maintain employee records (soft and hard copies)
- Ensure HR databases are up to date, accurate and complies with legislation
- Support monthly payroll process
- Assist with new hire on-boarding processes:
- Preparation of contracts
- Collation of new hire employee data
- Assist with general on-boarding tasks (IT setup, security checks etc)
- Preparation of contracts
- Process employees’ requests and provide relevant information as required
- Assist with coordination of HR projects, meetings and training
- Assist with the management Rothesay Life HR email inbox
- Collaborate with HR team on recruitment activities including setting up of interviews and issue relevant correspondence
- Provide administration assistant coverage for HR Manager and HR Team
- Ad-hoc preparation of reports and analysis
Your skills and experience will include:
- PC literacy and experience with MS Office applications
- Excellent organisational and time-management skills
- Teamwork skills
- Strong administration skills
- High level of confidentiality
- Excellent interpersonal and customer-facing skills
- The flexibility and willingness to learn
- The confidence and ability to effectively communicate to all levels of staff including executive members - both written and verbal
- The ability to work accurately, with attention to detail
- Drive and a commitment to provide a quality HR service
Desirable but not essential skills and experience:
- Proven work experience as an HR administrative assistant or HR administrator
- Hands on experience with HR software
You are likely to be:
- A graduate seeking an entry level role into HR; or
- An experienced administration assistant looking to get a foot in the door within HR; or
- An experienced HR Administrator looking for a new challenge
More information on Rothesay Life
Rothesay Life is a private company held by a number of blue chip investors that include Goldman Sachs, Blackstone, GIC and MassMutual.
With significant experiences in insurance, banking, private equity and global asset management, our investors are fully supportive of Rothesay Life’s ongoing growth and security.
Rothesay Life has been established on the core pillars of high-tech and sophisticated Risk Management, conservative Investment philosophy, continuous Innovation to meet clients’ needs and Excellence in delivery.
The company operates in a structurally high growth market and, despite record low interest rates, the bulk annuity and pension buyout business has been strong. Our strategy is to be patient, disciplined and creative in underwriting which is critical in a market where levels of competition can vary. We do not chase volume and instead focus on value and risk.