Policyholder Engagement Manager
Operations - Divisional Overview
The Operations division is an integral part of the independent control and support structure whose key mandate is to establish and maintain an effective control environment. Robust control and risk management drives our business.
Operations strategy is underpinned by 3 guiding principles:
= Payments: Pay our policyholders, Trustees and counterparties accurately and on time, within regulatory guidelines
= Policyholders: Follow the Regulator’s Treating Customers Fairly (TCF) guidance and ensure a best-in-class policyholder experience
= Data: Maintain accurate and complete data for risk and capital management
These 3 principles drive our processes and controls, and are essential for protecting our reputation, managing our risk and capital position, and managing our Third Party Administrators (TPAs).
By mid-2019 Rothesay Life will have in excess of 750,000 policyholders. Protection of our reputation for customer excellence, both for scheme trustees and for individual policyholders, is paramount. As the business continues to expand and takes on responsibility for more policyholders inevitably we have more customer interaction. It is imperative that we oversee that customer engagement and that all customer enquiries are handled accurately and professionally.
This new role will be responsible for ensuring a robust customer experience (including handling any dissatisfaction) process is followed, and an important part of this role will be to actively review and update our processes and governance when necessary. It is key that the candidate understands the importance of policyholder interaction, including the role of the TPAs and our Compliance division, to ensure each interaction is dealt with to the highest standard.
This role will suit a person who is self-starter, confident in communicating with a range of internal and external stakeholders, can work independently as well as being part of a small team, and is able to identify and effectively communicate areas of improvement.
The position will provide the candidate with autonomy and it is important that they are able to manage varying workloads and deliver to strict timelines. The role would ideally suit a candidate with experience of working in financial services organisations and/or customer service environment, preferably with a good understanding of pensions. Due to the dynamic nature of this role, previous work experience is essential.
• Liaise with TPAs, the TPA Managers, Compliance and the Financial Ombudsman Service, as required, to ensure complaints are handled efficiently and expediently, delivering good policyholder outcomes
• Handle Data Subject Access Requests and data breaches, liaising with other internal divisions as appropriate
• Ensure TPAs understand and follow the required complaints process as set out in our guidance note
• Ensure that all responses on complaints cases are appropriate, well written and delivered within the prescribed timescales and meet FOS requirements
• Ensure that accurate, appropriate and consistent records of all complaints are maintained
• Drive root cause analysis for all complaints and breaches, giving feedback as appropriate to further improve our policyholder experience and improve our low complaints statistics
• Provide technical assistance on complaint handling to the TPAs and/or TPA Managers, when required
Skills & experience
= Very strong communication skills both verbal and written
= High degree of accuracy and absolute attention to detail
= Complaint handling experience
= Good pensions and/or insurance experience
= Experience of third party administration - processes, procedures and management
= Possess a degree from a leading university in a relevant subject and/or have relevant industry qualifications
If you would like to understand how we will process your data should you apply to Rothesay Life, information can be found here: https://www.rothesaylife.com/media/1324/april-2019-ja-pn.pdf