Structured Finance Credit and Rating Analyst
Job title: Structured Finance Credit and Rating Analyst
Reports to: Head of Internal Credit Ratings
The Structured Finance Credit and Rating Analyst Role is responsible for performing credit analysis on existing and new investment opportunities with a focus on structured finance assets, monitoring and assigning internal credit ratings, and developing internal credit rating methodologies.
- Evaluating and challenging existing and new investments proposed by the asset origination team from a risk perspective with a focus on more structured instruments such as equity release mortgage or residential mortgage securitisations.
- Monitoring and assigning internal credit ratings, developing internal credit methodologies and rating models. While the focus is expected to be on more structured financings, the role will also require a very good understanding of corporate or project finance type of credit analysis and rating analysis;
- Presenting well-structured credit risk and rating recommendations to senior management;
- Developing and maintaining strong relationships with key internal and external stakeholders including the asset and trading origination team, the risk team or senior management.
Skills & Experience:
- Minimum of 3+ years of rating agency experience or similar in residential mortgage backed securities and who is familiar with a broad range of structured finance assets and/or fixed income market within multiple jurisdictions;
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail with a high level of proficiency in Excel/VBA and excellent financial modelling skills;
- Strategic awareness and professional maturity: enabling this individual to visualise and communicate quantitative and qualitative risks, and their implications firm-wide;
- A self-starting, pro-active attitude. Rothesay Life operates a flat, meritocratic working environment. Candidates need to be comfortable operating autonomously and demonstrate the ability to form effective relationships and achieve influence at the most senior levels within the organisation;
- Detail and process-orientated;
- Excellent time management and ability to prioritise workload appropriately.
- Technical Skills - Demonstrates strong technical skills required for the role, pays attention to detail, takes initiative to broaden his/her knowledge and demonstrates appropriate analytical skills
- Drive and Motivation – Be a self-starter; successfully handles multiple tasks, takes initiative to improve his/her own performance, works intensely towards extremely challenging goals and persists in the face of obstacles or setbacks
- Client and Business Focus - Effectively handles difficult requests, builds trusting, long-term relationships with clients and service providers, helps the client to identify/define needs and manages client/business expectations
- Teamwork – Demonstrate evidence of being a strong team player, collaborates with others within and across teams, encourages other team members to participate and contribute and acknowledges others' contributions
- Communication Skills - Communicates what is relevant and important in a clear and concise manner and shares information/new ideas with others
- Judgement and Problem solving - Thinks ahead, anticipates questions, plans for contingencies, finds alternative solutions and identifies clear objectives. Sees the big picture and effectively analyses complex issues
- Creativity/Innovation - Looks for new ways to improve current processes and develop creative solutions that are grounded in reality and have practical value
- Influencing Outcomes - Presents sound, persuasive rationale for ideas or opinions. Takes a position on issues and influences others' opinions and presents persuasive recommendations
Disclaimer This position description is intended to describe the duties most frequently performed by an individual in this position. It is not intended to be a complete list of assigned duties, but to describe a position level. The role shall be performed within a professional office environment. Rothesay has health and safety polices that are available for all workers upon request. There are no specific health risks associated with the role.