You matter to us

Our primary focus is ensuring that we pay our policyholders accurately and on time, and provide a best-in-class policyholder experience. This is reflected in our service levels and excellent policyholder feedback.

We also want to look after all of our policyholders by providing the information they  need and putting them in touch with other organisations that can provide the help and support they need - please see the 'Helpful links' section below.

Helpful links

Age UK is the UK’s largest charity dedicated to helping everyone make the most of later life. They help more than six million people every year, providing companionship, advice and support for older people who need it most. 

During this time of social distancing you may find the following pages on their website particularly helpful:

Practical ways to help older people

How to overcome loneliness               

Age UK produced the guides below with the support of Rothesay Life. Please click on these links to open each guide in another window:

For further help and support, including information on coronavirus (COVID-19):

 Age UK website

Other organisations

The Money and Pension Service

In January 2019, the Government bought together three respected bodies of financial guidance to form the Money and Pensions Service.  Currently each organisation still has their own contact details. Click on the headings below to go to their websites.

Pension Advisory Service

Provides free and impartial pensions guidance for everyone

Pension Wise

Provides pension guidance for over 50s with a defined contribution ("DC") pension arrangement

Money Advice Service

Provides money guides, tools and calculators to help you improve your finances

Other useful sources of information

Click on any of the headings below to go to their websites.

FCA's ScamSmart website

Provides guidance on how to avoid investment and pension scams:

Information on your State Pension

Check your State Pension entitlement on

The Pension Tracing Service

Use this independent service available on to help you to trace other pensions you may have

Tax Help for Older People

This service provides over 55s with total incomes of no more than £20,000 with free, independent and expert help and advice regarding tax.

HM Revenue & Customs (HMRC)

Responsible for the collection of most taxes within the UK. Their pensions helpline provides advice and support on any matters relating to tax.

Choosing a financial adviser

If you do not have a financial adviser, the Money Advice Service’s website provides free and impartial information on choosing a financial adviser and links to details of financial advisers.

Citizens Advice Bureau (CAB)

CAB helps people resolve their legal, money and other problems by providing free information and advice.

Our service

All of our processes follow the ‘Treating Customers Fairly’ principles and we seek to exceed the standards and guidelines set out by the Financial Conduct Authority, The Pensions Regulator and the Association of British Insurers.

Our high standard of pension administration has been recognised by the Pensions Administration Standards Association (PASA), the independent body dedicated to driving up standards in pension administration.

We were the first insurance company to undergo the accreditation process with PASA. This involved an independent evaluation and assessment process, including on-site visits and review of documentation to evidence controls, procedures, processes and staff development. We are extremely proud to have been awarded PASA's Gold Standard having demonstrated that our processes and controls are robust and as a result our policyholders' pension benefits are safe and secure.

To read more about our PASA Accreditation please see: PASA's press release

If you want to learn more about PASA, you can open their website in another window: PASA's website

ICS member logo

We are committed to ensuring our policyholders receive the best possible service and we are members of the Institute of Customer Service – an independent, professional body for customer service.


What if I am not happy?

We strive to provide an excellent policyholder experience. However, we realise that on occasion things may go wrong. If you have experienced a problem please let us know using the details in the Contact Us section and we will provide a solution as quickly as possible. Please provide your policy number or National Insurance number when contacting us.

We take all complaints seriously and conduct a full root cause analysis with process improvements implemented, where required. To find out more, please see the answer to ‘What happens if I make a complaint?’ our frequently asked questions page: FAQs

Financial Services Compensation Scheme (FSCS)

In the unlikely event that we are unable to pay the benefits due to you under your policy, you may be eligible to make a claim for compensation from the FSCS.

Under current legislation, you would be entitled to claim compensation equivalent to 100% of the value of the pension income that would have been provided under your policy (although the rate of compensation may change if the rules of the FSCS are changed in the future).

For details of the compensation levels that may apply or for further information on compensation schemes in general, please contact FSCS using the contact details below.

Telephone: 0800 678 1100 or 020 7741 4100
Post: PO Box 300 Mitcheldean, GL171DY

Please note: you may not be covered by the FSCS if, at the date your policy is issued, your usual residence is NOT in the UK, another EEA State, the Channel Islands or the Isle of Man.

Cookies: This site uses cookies to improve the overall user experience.